Chitika

May Pages . . .

Sabado, Agosto 18, 2012

I Love Jesus

I was born and raised in a catholic tradition and culture, which I inherited from my family. I also became a "Sakristan" who assist the priest in mass ceremonies, I also do the novena that my grandmother thought me. I live my life in catholic tradition and culture for almost 15 years, I don't see anything wrong from it until someone from my relatives is been converted into a born again christian. He is my cousin's husband who worked in the middle east and came back in the Philippines to renew his life.

I was amazed how he is been changed from his ways, from being impatient and  hot headed to calm and soft heart-ed person. At first, I was afraid to talk to him because I knew he will ask me to join their religion (that's what I called it a long time ago) , but circumstances force me to do so, I went to see my Auntie at her home in marikina where they are also living at, My auntie was just arrived from Geneva that time. With me is my father, we talked with auntie for just a couple of hours and enjoy each others company. After we finish chatting, she decided to rest for a while in her bedroom, then he (my cousin's husband) attend to us. We are surprised when he shared his story of what had happened to him in Jeddah, He tells us how he is been converted to his new belief and religion. My father that time just say some few words and me just listening each and every detail he is saying. After that, he invites us for a bible study that night, well we couldn't say "no" at that time for we are cornered in two stones that time so we just accept his invitation and hoping that it'll take only a couple of minutes.

As we've finished dinner, he arranged the chairs and begin our study. Most of the time, I just listen and even I'm listening, I can't even understand the meaning of what he is talking about to us. What I knew that time is that he just explains to us how Jesus died in the cross and how He (Jesus) loves his people, well of course I know that. The night went by and we've finished the studying the bible, and then we went home. Before we leave, he ask us if we can came back on Sunday on that week to attend their Sunday Worship, My father just said "Yes". Sunday came and to my surprise, my father and my family with me went to his invitation. As we are listening to the Pastors Sermon, Me and my siblings can't help but to fell our heads because of too much dizziness (we woke-up too early). After that, we went to attend a Sunday school ministry, I've been separated and went to the Youth Ministry. I've came there feeling frustrated and depressed because of my shy-type attitude, but I feel something in me, maybe a little chilled of what was happening that time. We began to share each others stories, I've been amazed how I am related to their stories. One even tell how embarrassed he is when he is forced by his relative to attend the Sunday school service, that guy maybe upset because he even't got a chance to say something. After Sunday school, our teacher or youth leader talk to me about my personal life and how I see it in my perspective. Well, I've been too honest that time because that is the first time that someone ask me of my beliefs and interests. Went on, she then talk to me about how I am lucky that time because not every one is given a chance to accept and know Jesus.

From that day onward, until now, I still carry what my teacher in Sunday school thought me, It gave me the understanding and knowledge on how to handle everyday obstacles and issues of life. Truly I can say that I am very lucky of what I've been because of Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento